As you know, the jailbreak is out for 9.2-9.3.3, but not the US version. You still can install the jailbreak, however, through the OG version.
** This is a tethered jailbreak, which means you need to re-jailbreak after you reboot. But hey, better than nothing!**
64-Bit devices only
Credits to u/alionfiree for this!
Edit 1: Only windows at the moment, hopefully they’ll release a tool for Mac.
- Install the PP jailbreak tool
- Click on the green button to start the process
- Go to settings -> general -> profiles, and trust the developer. The tool will install the app on your iDevice
- Open the PP tool on your device and accept push notifications. After, click the circle then lock your screen
- Wait until it’s done, and you’ll get a notification with Cydia installing on your device.
You’ll need a computer first in order to download PP on your app. HOWEVER, you don’t need a computer to re-jailbreak after a reboot. Just open the PP App and itll do it for you.
Like always, if jailbreak fails the first time, reboot and try again. Pangu addressed this problem in their FAQ.
I’ll update this post as I get more information. Happy jailbreaking!
What’s a tethered jailbreak? What’s the difference?
Basically, now each time you reboot your iDevice, you need to rejailbreak. You don’t have to connect your device to your computer, but you still have to open the PP App for a re-jailbreak. The only difference of it from an untethered jailbreak is that tethered jailbreak require a re-jailbreak after a reboot while the untethered doesn’t.
Do I have to re-jailbreak after a respring?