It seems like Sunday is really going to be Funday. This Sunday, the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.x is heavily expected to arrive and the world is waiting for it, where as Cydia packages are being updated consistently for the support of iOS 6.x. On the other hand, a well-known iOS Hacker, ih8sn0w updated its preceding Tool called iFaith to a new version of iFaith v1.5 with some major improvements made to the Tool after a long time. We last saw this tool in action at the time of iOS 5.x.x for iPhone 4 and preceding devices only. As of now, the support for iPhone 5,iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad 3, and iPad Mini has been added to iFaith v1.5.
The support for saving the SHSH Blobs for A5 (X), A6, and A6 (X) doesn’t help in downgrading the iOS to the old version because there is no way or a loophole by which this process of downgrading can be carried out. This tool of iFaith only allows a user to save SHSH Blobs for an iDevice and use them for downgrading purpose for A4 equipped Devices only. Once the SHSH Blobs are saved with you, the Tool iFaith automatically submits the same SHSH Blobs on Cydia Server to be on the safe side.
What is new in iFaith v1.5?:
- Major code improvements.
- Added Check for Update code.
- Adds the ability to dump iOS 5.1.x/6.0.x/6.1 on the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3, and A4 devices.
- Crazy payload rewrite. (There are a chain of payloads used in this new iFaith purely dedicated to bumping up performance. iFaith should dump instantly after payload executes!).
- Finally enabled 3.x.x IPSW creation for iPod touch 2G users.
- Finally fully fixes NAND issues with newer models (e.g iPhone 4 8GB, new iPod Touch 4 models).
- In addition to dumping your SHSH blobs, iFaith will automatically fetch SHSH blobs for the latest iOS Apple is actively signing and submits them to Cydia.
- All devices [including A5(X)/A6(X)] can grab SHSH blobs for the latest iOS firmwares Apple is actively signing simply by selecting the “Show available SHSH blobs on Server” button and following the on-screen prompts. (It will submit them to Cydia as well).
Even though you may not be able to utilize the SHSH blobs you save for A5(X)/A6(X) devices at this time, you may be able to in the future (Future loopholes/exploits)!
I’m working with @Djayb6 on getting iFaith fully ported to Mac OS. I can’t provide an ETA as to when it will be available, but keep an eye out for it! :)
Devices equipped with the A5(X)/A6(X) processor do not currently have any known low level iBoot or DFU exploits to jump start the iFaith payload to initialize the dump and restore. Therefore, support to dump blobs for devices running these processors are not possible at this moment in time. (You can still fetch the latest blobs directly from apple though by clicking the “Show Available SHSH blobs on Server” button.
As far as downgrading on A5(X)/A6(X) devices goes… There currently is no publicly known loophole to kick-start a downgrade. So at the moment there is NO public way of downgrading an A5(X)/A6(X) device. For A5(X) devices that have 4.x.x SHSH blobs cached or still running 5.x.x, redsn0w can recycle the first apticket loophole and
*re-restore* your device as long as you have the essential SHSH blobs. More info on that here.
Windows 8 Users:
- You will need to follow this tutorial to get iFaith to run.
You can download the latest iFaith v1.5 version from here.