The Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is around the corner and @MuscleNerd today revealed some important information regarding the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 with the tools on which the Untethered Jailbreak would be supported. The tools are the old ones, Redsn0w and Absinthe v2. Below are the details posted by @MuscleNerd on his website.
Quick info sheet for 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether: musclenerd.com/quick511info.t…
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) May 21, 2012
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking. – the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1 – @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions. – timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL:
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
The release of the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 is almost done and it is working perfectly on the previous told iDevices. Still the support for Apple TV 3,1 is not yet included because it will take time. The upcoming Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 will be carrying the same method of CLI Injection that was used in iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2. The release of the Untethered Jailbreak is planned for this week, but a number of factors can influence the release.
The factors can be a new release by Apple or anything related to it. Anyways, this is the right time to update your iPhone, iPad to iOS 5.1.1. If you rely on unlock, stay away from the update and wait for the update of Redsn0w to make some support for the Baseband Preservation. Don’t accidentally update you iDevice because there wont be any unlock present for your Device.
Don’t forget to Donate via that PayPal link to help those hackers to continue the Jailbreak work.