Top Menu

Samsung Galaxy SIII Catches Fire in the Bottom Bursting Charging Port

A really shameful act copied by Samsung Galaxy SIII from Apple’s iPhone. The Samsung Galaxy SIII, Flagship of Samsung today caught fire at the bottom burning the charging port of the handset. The Samsung Galaxy SIII was released about a month a go and this incident happened after a month. This is something that needs to taken seriously. In past we have heard a lot about Apple Devices that they got burnt/exploded due some circumstances like over charging or the iPhone/iPod went hot and exploded. This Samsung Galaxy SIII is only a month old and it got exploded without any reason makes no sense.

The Samsung Galaxy SIII didn’t exploded in the showcase or some niche place. It exploded on at the moment when this unlucky user dillo2k10 of a niche form was driving with his Samsung Galaxy SIII; on his way he sawed a white flame coming out of his Phone. He pulled over to see the status of that White Flame from his Phone, what he found was the Phone’s bottom got burned melting the plastic body with damaging a part inside of his car.

 Hi, 

So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone. 

I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.

 

Then he went to the carrier/shop from where he purchased the Samsung Galaxy SIII to replace it for him under warranty or so. The concerning company simply denied him from claiming the Handset under warranty because they have to send that phone for checking and no phone was giving him as a replacement.

I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing. 

The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.

Below are the images of the Samsung Galaxy SIII in Flames:

samsung-s-3-fire

 

samsung-s-3-hspfa

samsung-s-3-exploded

The good news is that the person got neglected by the company from which he purchased the phone was later on contacted by Samsung Officials on this issue. The official Samsung Blog states:

There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.

 

Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.

Now Samsung has taken the issue into consideration instantly, we expect that the market value of the Samsung Galaxy SIII might decrease due to this incident only if the matter is taking seriously by people. Still it is not clear that how can a Phone catch fire so easily, the Phone that launched a month a go. This is something strange. This issue raises many questions in a customer’s mind before they go to buy the flag ship of Samsung.

What we expect is that the person might have putted his phone on the Dashboard of his car where the sunrays would be coming directly through the cars front screen making the phone go heat up and explode.

Anyways the person got the replacement from Samsung for his Samsung Galaxy SIII with few free gifts, still don’t forget that the Samsung Galaxy SIII was designed for humans and inspired by nature. We hope that you got our point.

Update X 1:

Kindly see the update from here. The issue has been resolved and the problem was not with Samsung Galaxy S III.

Did you enjoy this article? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It would be great if you subscribed to our RSS feed or get signed up for email updates to get more goodness. There’s lots more where this came from!

Comments

comments

,

5 Responses to Samsung Galaxy SIII Catches Fire in the Bottom Bursting Charging Port

  1. Paul July 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM #

    Hopefully you will now update this with the fact that the owner of the device had microwaved his phone and this caused the problem, and this was not a problem with the phone at all .

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. iPhone 4 Went on Flames in a Guy’s Pocket Caught on Camera (Live Video) - July 4, 2012

    […] 3 went on fire from the backside of it after doing some sparks. You can read our detailed coverage here. Did you enjoy this article? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It […]

  2. The Secrecy Behind Burning Samsung Galaxy S III Unveiled - July 8, 2012

    […] The mysterious case of the burning Samsung Galaxy S III from bottom and back made a spiral in the reputation of Samsung. Not only in the reputation of Samsung, it also made other owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III go into great shock that how can this thing happen to the newly launched Phone that is only few months old. We were also shocked after hearing the news about that Samsung Galaxy S III that caught fire on its back while resting in car. You can see the complete detail about that bursting Samsung Galaxy S III here. […]

Leave a Reply

SEO and Design by NetGlued DMCA.com